Last updated: 11th of October, 2020
With the following information, we (Contract Vault GmbH) would like to give you an overview of how we will process your data and of your rights according to data privacy laws. The details on what data will be processed and which method will be used depend significantly on the services applied for or agreed upon.
- The unit responsible is and you can reach our group of companies’ at:
Contract Vault GmbH Gotthardstrasse 26 6300 Zug
- We process personal data that we obtain from our business clients and suppliers in the context of business relationships. When you visit our websites, our servers temporarily store each access in a log file. When you send us an email, we store and process your email-address and all data transmitted to us along with the email. We also process – insofar as necessary to provide our services and organize our procurement of services – personal data that we obtain from publicly accessible sources, (e.g. debt registers, commercial and association registers, press, internet) or that is legitimately transferred between Contract Vault GmbH entities or from other third parties.
- Relevant data is personal information of contact persons from our clients and suppliers (e.g. name, address and other contact details, date and place of birth, and nationality), and identification data (e.g. ID card details). Furthermore, this can also be order data (e.g. payment order), data from the fulfillment of our contractual obligations (e.g. sales and order data in payment transactions), marketing and sales data, documentation data and other data similar to the categories mentioned.
- We process personal data in accordance with the applicable law:
- For fulfillment of contractual obligations
Data is processed in order to provide and receive services in the context of carrying out our contracts with our clients and suppliers or to carry out pre-contractual measures that occur as part of a request. The purposes of data processing are primarily in compliance with the specific services provided or received. You can find more specific details about the purposes of data processing in the relevant contract documents and terms and conditions.
- In the context of balancing interests
Where required, we process your data beyond the actual fulfillment of the contract for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party. Examples:
- Consulting and exchanging data with third parties (e.g. debt register to investigate creditworthiness and credit risks)
- Reviewing and optimizing procedures for needs assessment for the purpose of direct client discussions
- Marketing or market and opinion research, unless you have objected to the use of your data
- Asserting legal claims and defense in legal disputes
- Guarantee of our company's IT security and IT operation
- Measures for building and site security (e.g. access controls)
- Measures for ensuring the right of owner of premises to keep out trespassers
- Measures for business management and further development of services and products
- Risk control in Contract Vault GmbH
- As a result of your consent
As long as you have granted us consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (e.g. analysis of certain activities for marketing purposes), this processing is legal on the basis of your consent. Consent given can be withdrawn at any time.
- Due to statutory provisions or in the public interest
Furthermore, as a worldwide acting group of companies, we are subject to various legal and statutory requirements (e.g. tax laws). Purposes of processing include fulfilling control and reporting obligations under fiscal laws etc.
- For fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Within Contract Vault GmbH, every unit that requires your data to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations will have access to it. Service providers and vicarious agents appointed by us can also receive access to data for the purposes given, if they maintain confidentiality. These are companies in the categories of banking services, IT services, logistics, printing services, telecommunications, collection, advice and consulting, and sales and marketing.
- We may pass on information about you to third parties only if legal provisions demand it, or if you have given your consent (e.g. to process a financial transaction).
- Your data may be shared with Contract Vault GmbH companies and/or specialized IT service providers. As such, your data may be transferred to countries outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA). Personal data is transferred outside the EEA on the basis of declarations of adequacy or other appropriate safeguards, in particular standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
- Please contact us if you would like to request to see a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your information.
We will process and store your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill our contractual and statutory obligations.
- Every data subject has the right to access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right of object, and if applicable – the right to data portability. Furthermore, if applicable on you, there is also a right to lodge a complaint with an appropriate data privacy regulatory authority.
- You can withdraw consent granted to us for the processing of personal data at any time. Please note that the withdrawal only applies to the future. Processing that was carried out before the withdrawal is not affected by it.
In establishing and carrying out a business relationship, we generally do not use any automated decision-making. If we use this procedure in individual cases, we will inform you of this separately, as long as this is a legal requirement.
Thank you very much. Kind regards
Contract Vault GmbH